FTS-01 Paper Tearing Resistance Tester is an electrical type instrument for paper tearing strength measurement. The tester is designed according to ISO1974 standard and GB/T455 standard. It is a electronic tear tester of paper, as well as some low tearing strength of paperboard. This instrument does not apply to corrugated fiberboard, but it may be applied to the components of such boards. It is not suitable for determination the cross-direction tearing resistance of highly directional paper (or board).
- Controlled by computer with automatic and electronic measurement which is convenient for the operation
- Pneumatic specimen clamping and automatic release of pendulum could avoid the system error effectively
- Equipped with pendulums of multiple capacities, maximum up to 6400gf
- Multiple unit display of experimental results
- Computer assisted horizontal adjustment system could maintain the instrument optimum status
- Equipped with RS232 port which is convenient to the data transmission and external connection
Lift the pendulum up to a certain height to give it an initial potential energy. The pendulum tears the specimen while swinging down. Computer calculates the decreased energy caused by tearing to obtain the required force for tearing.
GB/T 455, QB/T 1050, ISO 1974, TAPPI T414, JIS P8116
- Standard configuration: Instrument, Micro-Printer