THE PUNCTURE RESISTANCE is an important property in flexible packaging materials. In many applications, the packaging laminate is subject to damage by penetration, leading to possible loss of barrier properties, package integrity and product attractiveness. In order to be able to control and optimise this property, it is important to understand the mechanism of perforation in flexible laminates. It is also necessary to define relevant methods for experimentally assessing the puncture resistance
- 1000mm extra-long stroke for various test items with extreme elongation rate
- The crossbeam is composed of three guide bars and graphite self-lubricating sleeve, which can ensure the linear movement of the crossbeam.
- Two-way test mode for tensile and compression
- 0.1% of full scale effectively ensures accuracy and repeatability of test results
- Equipped with dual load cells, compatible with multiple force test ranges
- Equipped with advanced displacement control system, displacement accuracy can reach 0.1mm
- With Panasonic's advanced servo drive system, which can achieve infinitely variable speed and wider test speed range to meet the user's needs for different test conditions.
- 11.6 inch PAD with intelligent data processing functions, providing users with a comfortable and smooth operating experience
- Speeds up to 3000mm/min for high-speed testing requirements
- Equipped with a handheld control box for auxiliary operation, which makes the test more convenient
- Wide range of load cells for a variety of force testing requirements
- Equipped with a variety of grips for choose, which can meet the test requirements of more than 10,000 materials
- Intelligent designs of over-travel protection, overload protection, automatic position reset and power failure memory for safe test operation
- Equipped with UL-certified imported Schneider emergency stop button to maximize the safety of man and machine during the test
The puncture resistance of a plastic film is the amount of force that plastic films can bear when applied to it from an external hemispherical indenter without failure. The manufacturers of the packaging materials need to ensure that the packaging products that they manufacture for different products are of best strength and for that, they need to test the puncture resistance of the plastic films with great accuracy. The testing procedure is conducted as per the guidelines are given in the ASTM D 2582.
The specimen was placed in a circular holder with a diameter of 5, 35 or 60 mm – 35 mm where not stated otherwise. The puncture device holding the probe was lowered as close as possible to the film specimen, without making contact, before the test was started.
In some cases, a pre-load of 0.1 N was applied to the film at a rate of 0.05 mm/min prior to the actual test. The penetration rate was 1, 10, 100 or 1000 mm/min – being 10 mm/min where not stated otherwise.
In addition, TST-02H Puncture Resistance Tester of Plastic film can complete multiple physical test items of composite film such as tensile strength, heat seal strength, tear strength, peel strength, etc. It is an ideal tensile test for packaging manufacturers and food manufacturers.